Thursday, November 8, 2012

Tzatziki Sauce

It has been quite stressful around here.  Even though I am not the one personally going through applying to residencies, I can definitely feel the stress of it all.  Every day, our conversation goes something like this....

Me... on my lunch break: "Hey, have you heard back from anyone?"
T...at home: "Nope, not yet."
Me: "Ok, well let me know."
T: "I always do."

Some days, I get a little better news and hear that he has heard back from so-n-so, but more than likely, he doesn't hear back from anyone.   We applied to 77 places, and it has been a struggle to hear back from all of them.  He has heard back some 'no's' and those conversations are never good, but we move past it.  We are hopeful... well, we are trying to be hopeful.  It is hard when you cannot do ANYTHING about it, and I am not one to give up control of situations.  All that being said, even though I am not the one applying, it has taken a toll on me.  I have not been taking the time to plan adventurous meals.  I have not tried may new things.  Quite frankly, I have been repeating a lot of the same recipes that are already on here.  This weekend, T is going to New York for an interview, I am going to sit down, take time for my own thoughts, and plan out some recipes.  Cooking helps me to ease my stress, and that is exactly what I am going to do this upcoming weekend.

Until then, here is a great recipe to add a little 'greek' flare to your menu! Tzatziki sauce! Most recipes make such a huge batch, this recipe is a perfect amount.  You could obviously add mor yogurt is you feel that you need to, however, I like being able to taste all of the unique flavors together!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, shaved (will show you later)
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1.  Add the greek yogurt to a bowl.


2.  Peel the cucumber.


3.  Cut the cucumber in half.


4.  Deseed the cucumber.


5.  Dice the cucumber.


6.  Add the diced cucumber to the yogurt.


7.  Add the lemon juice.


8.  Shave the clove of garlic into the dish,


9.  Add the sugar.


10. Add the dill and mix well.


11. Add salt and pepper to taste.


12.  Mix well.


We served it with garlic and lemon chicken, zucchini and corn saute, and couscous.  I placed the rest in the refrigerator and it lasts for about a week.  It honestly gets better each day that it sits in the refrigerator.  I finished it off today with a few pita chips! Enjoy!
Until next time...
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment