Dairy Free Sugar Cookies and Frosting
-3 cups flour (I used all purpose)
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 cup Earth Balance vegan sticks (or you could use real butter here)
-1 cup sugar
-2 large eggs
-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
-1 cup powered sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons almond milk (or regular milk if you choose)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
4. To the sugar mixture, add the eggs and vanilla extract.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
6. Refrigerate in cling wrap for about an hour. (or more if you have time)
7. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch.
8. Cut in desired cookie shapes.
9. Bake for 8 minutes.
10. Remove the cookies and let them cool before icing.
For the icing:
Combine the ingredients. I also added a little food coloring to make the icing blue. You can add more milk, or powered sugar to get to the consistency that you want.
Ice the cookies and enjoy!
Until Next Time...