Thursday, July 10, 2014

Oops...

Well I lied... I guess it was too good to be true to say that I was going to post more! Oh well.. I have more important things going on I guess and I'm loving every minute of it! I did recently make some teething biscuits for my ever-teething little nugget.  I keep trying to find the recipe again, so I am posting it on here... for me... and for others that maybe want to try it! My little one has some serious allergies, sorry dude (takes after me), so I had to figure out an allergy-free biscuit.  And boy... was it easy!  They actually entertain him for a while, and when it gets too gooey and I have to take it away, he gets a little upset.  Therefore, I think that he likes them and we have a winner!

Allergy-Free Teething Biscuits

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup rice flour (or you can use whatever you have)
-1/2 cup infant oatmeal cereal (or you could use rice or whatever you have)
-1/2 cup fruit or veggie puree (I used a mixture of apples and pears...you decide)
-2 tablespoons oil (I used olive... again you decide!)
-several tablespoons of water (do not do this until you mix the rest of the ingredients first)

**This was actually half of the recipe, and it made about 10 biscuits.  You can double it, or triple it for that matter. :)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  
2. Stir wet ingredients together.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
4. Mix well.
5. Drizzle a little bit of water into the dough as you knead it.  You are looking for a non-sticky consistency.  If you add too much water, add more flour.  If it is too dry, add more water. (Get the idea?)
6. Roll out the dough on a floured surface.  Cut into desired shapes.
7. Bake for 45 minutes (or longer) until they are really hard, but not burnt.



Yummy Yummy!

 Until Next Time...
Mrs. R


No comments:

Post a Comment