For the muffins:
-1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
-3/4 cup white granulated sugar
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-2 mashed bananas
-1 small apple (thinly chopped)
-1/3 cup canola oil
-1/4 cup almond milk
-1/2 cup crushed walnuts
For the crumble:
-1/3 cup dairy-free butter (I use earth balance)
-4 tablespoons flour
-3 tablespoons sugas
-2 teaspoons cinnamon
(Mix together with your hands)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil, or line with paper liners, a muffin tin. I used the small muffin tin which makes about 24 small muffins.
2. Combine the banana, apple, egg, oil, milk, and sugar. Whisk well.
3. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk well.
4. Add the flour and make sure to mix well.
5. Lastly, add the walnuts and mix well.
6. Pour the muffin mix into the muffin tin.
7. Lightly sprinkle the crumble onto the muffin mix before putting them into the oven.
8. Bake for 12-14 minutes. (You will have to cook for about 20-24 minutes if you choose to make these into larger muffins.
Until Next Time...