Sunday, November 11, 2012

Apple Tarragon Chicken Salad

For some reason, I have been in the mood to make chicken salad.  Not just any chicken salad, a fall-ish chicken salad... and no, don't worry, I will not try a chicken salad with pumpkin.  I wanted one filled with herbs, fruit, walnuts, and of course... chicken! I had an apple in my refrigerator, one chicken breast, some leftover tarragon, and I just got walnuts today at the market to make pesto tomorrow.  Apple Tarragon Chicken Salad was born.  Sometimes, when you just try a little of this and a little of that, it make a delicious dish.  I was not sure how this would taste when I was putting all of the ingredients together, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted the first bite! I toasted some french bread, and I had a nice little lunch today, with a new favorite sandwich! Of course, you could always forgo the bread and serve this over lettuce with a apple-cider vinaigrette of some sort!

Ingredients:
(This makes 2 servings, if you want to make more, you would need to double the amount)
1 chicken breast, boiled and diced
1/2 cup minced apple
2 teaspoons freshly chopped tarragon
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon mayonaise
1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon honey
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

1.  Boil the chicken in a saucepan over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes.


2.  After dicing the apples, add to a container that you can store in the refrigerator.


3.  Add the tarragon.


4.  When the chicken is cooked and cooled, dice the chicken into your choice of size.


5. Add the chicken, mayonaise, spicy mustard, honey, and salt and pepper to the container.


6.  Chop the walnuts into tiny pieces so that they are easy to chew.


7.  Add the walnuts to the salad and mix well.


Serve on a nice piece of bread, or over some fresh lettuce! Enjoy!

Until next time...
-A


No comments:

Post a Comment