2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup rolled oats
1. Add the softened butter and brown sugar to a standing mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix until it is light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix well.
3. Before adding, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. When everything is evenly mixed together, add the oatmeal. Mix for only 30 seconds.
5. Remove the bowl from the standing mixer.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes. This will make it easier to scoop the dough onto the cookie sheet.
7. After the dough is chilled, roll it into 1 inch balls, and at least 2 inches away from one another.
8. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes. You can set them on a wire rack to cool and then place in a container to store until later.
When you bite into them, they will be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. They are delicious when they are served warm, but that is up to you as to when you want to eat them!
We had a lot of leftover dough. Perfect for when T gets his next sweet tooth craving! We wrapped it up and placed it in the freezer for another desperate day! Enjoy!
Until next time...