Monday, July 2, 2012

Afternoon Tea

If you know me, then you know that I LOVE tea.  I like tea in the morning, I like tea in the afternoon, and I especially like a few cups of Camomile tea at night.  Some say that I drink TOO much tea, but I just love it.  I will even drink it in the hot, hot summer.  But, we are not living in a place where the summers are hot, and we are living in a place where everyone else  LOVES tea as much as I do! When we got to Bourton-on-the-water in the Cotswolds, we discovered probably 10 tea rooms.  IT was a hard decision, but we finally choose a spot to have our very first 'Afternoon Tea' since being in England. I love the tradition, and now that I have done it once, I am definitely going to find some great spots in London that I can go have Afternoon tea at! 



Pouring our tea into our cups



When they have Afternoon Tea, they drink the tea with scones and clotted cream. This is the clotted cream.  It is basically just butter, but a lot creamier.
Our view from our spot.  It started to rain while we were having tea, but luckily we had a HUGE umbrella that covered us and protected us from the rain!


Here is one of the scones with clotted cream and jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment