Sunday, September 2, 2012

Catching up...

It has probably been over a month since my last post...oops...

We came back to America...
We settled back into reality...
T started his next rotation in Pediatric Urology...
I started my third year of teaching... first grade...
T studied for his final test in med school... I was his patient.... it was actually kind of fun...
I researched 64 general surgery programs, 15 maybe general surgery programs, and 15 pediatric programs for residencies...
I also prayed every night (and continue to) that we stay in Florida...

We continued to study, research, and have been dealing with a lot of stress lately, but it has kept my mind off of wishing we were still traveling the world.  Every time I hear that someone is going over to Europe... I get jealous. I thought that the 'travel itch' would go away after this summer, but I guess it never will. 

We have a lot to look forward to this year.  I have been blessed with an amazing class this year.  The kids are so sweet and have the best manners, and get this... they actually listen when I am trying to teach them something! And, to top that off, they are actually very motivated to learn new things.  So, instead of coming home everyday, wishing my class would stop talking so I could get a word in (as I felt last year), I am coming home and researching new things to teach my little first graders, inventing new things to make learning fun.  Having a good class makes a world of a difference, and I am hoping that the rest of the year will be just as great as these first 3 weeks.  Maybe, I'll even post a few pics of my classroom... hmm...

We also have residencies to look forward to I guess...  It is scary, yet exciting at the same time.  Where will we end up? Where will we live? What program will he get? And, all of our questions will be answered at noon, one day in March.  I have already decided that I am taking that day off of school.  I will keep you posted.

I will close this post by saying that after having all of this new stuff to think about, and kind of putting London in the past for a little bit, I was reminded of how much I miss it when we went to the Farmer's Market in Winter Park today.  We are so lucky to have a great Farmer's Market here in Florida that is just down the road... but, going today made T and I think of the Borough Market in London and how grand and wonderful it really is.  

Here is a nice fresh cup of carrot, apple, ginger juice that I freshly made, a cup of freshly picked cherries, and a nice turkey sandwich on fresh bread. 

Yumm.... Fresh food and the feeling of being in London... all I am missing is the cold weather, I definitely can't get that here!






No comments:

Post a Comment