Friday, September 28, 2012

In need of sugar!

Sometimes, I have an urge.  An urge for sugar! I don't require sugar everyday.  I don't require sugar after every meal. But, tonight, I was in need for some sugar.  I usually only buy what we need.  I don't have snacks in our pantry; we don't buy stuff for the freezer.  I buy exactly what we need, we eat it, and move on.  That being said, I did not have anything to satisfy my sweet tooth.  But I did, however, have an apple, some real sugar, oatmeal, butter, and cinnamon.  And... an easy apple crisp was born... made just for one.  And I must tell you... it did satisfy my need for sugar!

Ingredients:
1/2 of an apple of your choice, diced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon dried oatmeal
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions:


1. Dice 1/2 of an apple. You can leave the skin on if you would like.


2. Add the cinnamon and white sugar to the apples. Mix well.


3. In a separate bowl, melt the butter, and mix the oatmeal and brown sugar to the butter.


4. Sprinkle the oatmeal mixture on top of the apple mixture.


5. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 20 minutes.


Super simple, easy ingredients, and very satisfying!



Until next time...
-A 

No comments:

Post a Comment