Monday, September 10, 2012

Healthy Ranch Dip with Veggies

I LOVE to cook.  It's my thing.  I like to just go with it, no recipes involved.  However, something I don't love is packing my lunch.  It gets boring, its time consuming, and when I forget to pack it the night before, I usually end up being late for work the next day.  It is a hassle, but at least I know that I am packing a healthy lunch and not buying something from the school cafeteria.

I have been getting bored with the things that I have been packing for lunch.  It seems that I have a turkey sandwich and either hummus and pretzels or apple slices and nutella every other day.  Don't get me wrong, I love nutella and hummus equally, but I am in need for some different snacks to go along with my usual sandwich.  I try to spice it up by choosing a different flavor of Boar's Head turkey or chicken meat each week... pathetic huh?

Well, last year, I discovered a quick and easy dip for carrots.  It is super simple, and I can make a large portion that will last me the whole week.  I just keep it in my refrigerator and all I have to do is scoop it into some tupperware, pack the carrots, and I'm ready to go.

Healthy Ranch Dip and Veggies

The two simple ingredients; hidden valley dip package and greek yogurt.


Combine a cup of greek yogurt with 2 teaspoons of the hidden valley dip.


Mix them together... and ta-dah... a quick dip!


I cut up a bunch of carrot sticks and green peppers to go with the dip.


And look, it fits right into my refrigerator, easy and accessible for when I choose to pack my lunch.



 Until next time...
-A 


1 comment: