For the cupcakes:
1 box of Golden Butter cake mix
1 package INSTANT Vanilla Pudding mix
4 whole eggs
1/2 cold water
1/2 vegatable oil
1/2 cup Malibu Coconut Rum
You will need a little rum to top them off after they are cooked.
For the whipped cream:
1 cup (8 oz.) heavy whipped cream
3 tablespoons sugar
Directions for the cupcakes:
1. Add all of the ingredients for the cake mix in a medium sized bowl.
2. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth.
These are the Jello shot cups that I used.
3. Place the jello shot cups in the slots of a mini-muffin pan.
4. Fill up the jello shot cups with the cupcake mix. I filled the cups up too high, I suggest only filling them up halfway.
5. Place them in a 325 degree F oven and cook for 20 minutes.
6. See, I definitely filled them too high. If yours happen to look this way, just cut off the edges. I left some of the edges on, I mean we are going to just eat them anyways!
7. When the cupcakes are completely cooled, poke them with a fork. With the left over rum, pour 1 teaspoon of rum on each of the cupcakes.
I put the cupcakes in my cupcake container so that I could transport them to Tampa for the game.
Directions for the whipped cream:
1. Place a large glass bowl and your whisks for an electric mixture in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This ensures that the whipped cream turns out just perfect.
2. Add the heavy cream and sugar to the bowl.
3. Begin whisking on a medium speed.
4. When you notice the mixture slightly thickening, you can increase the speed of the mixer.
5. The whipped cream will be finished in about 3 minutes. Make sure that you can see soft peaks. Also, make sure that you do not overmix. If you overmix, the whipped cream will start to separate and become watery.
6. Place in a glass bowl and store in the refrigerator. This will last a few days. If it starts to get a little watery, use a whisk to mix it together and it will be as good as new.
Introducing... Mini-Coconut Rum Cupcake shots with homemade whipped cream!
I can't wait to surprise my husband with his birthday/game day treat!
Until next time...