8 cups of milk ( I used skim)
1 cup heavy cream
3 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Pour the milk and cream into a pot. Heat until it is very hot, yet not boiling.
2. After it is very hot, take it away from the heat. Add the vinegar and salt. Stir for 2 minutes. This is what it will start to look like.
3. Let the mixture sit for about 90 minutes, at room temperature. Do not mix, unless you just can't wait! ( I had to mix it once to just see what was happening)
This is what was happening while it was resting...
4. After 90 minutes, with a wooden spoon, scoop out the newly formed mixture and place in cheese cloth, over a strainer. I had to use 2 strainers so that it did not spill over the edge. Let it sit in the strainer for another 30 minutes.
5. After the 30 minutes, it will start to look like this and you will begin to notice the ricotta resemblance. At this point, it is done. Place it into an airtight container and use with whatever you would like!
This is my creation! I am telling you.. try it! It will amaze you, and you will soon be able to add 'cheese maker' to the list of things that you can do!
Until next time...