Friday, September 14, 2012

Roasted Garbanzo Beans

Like I have said before, T is away in Gainesville doing a rotation.  I am going to visit him tomorrow.  I was going to add this recipe tomorrow, but I will probably be out of commission this weekend, unless something super exciting happens.

Although I am not a avid lover of Pinterest (however, I find myself using it more and more), I did find this recipe on there.  I always need a snack when I get home from work.  Something healthy, something interesting.  Roasted chickpeas? Why not! Another super easy, healthy, simple recipe!


Ingredients:
1 can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons of your choice of seasoning
(I choose half of them cajun and half of them cinnamon and sugar)

Directions:



1. After opening the can of garbanzo beans, drain them and rinse them.


2. Pour the rinsed beans onto a paper towel.


3. Pat the beans down, making sure to get out most of the moisture.


4. If there are any shells, discard them.


5. Place the beans onto parchment paper, or I used my silpat pad. ( I love that thing)


6. Pour the olive oil over the beans.  Mix completely until all of the beans are covered in oil.  Spread them out so that they get evenly roasted.


7. Put them in a 400 degree F oven for about 30-40 minutes.  The beans will become crunchy and hard.  When they are done, take them out and add them to a bowl.  I put them in two bowls so that I could try two different flavors.  When you decide on which flavor you prefer, sprinkle it over the beans, mix, and enjoy! 

The cinnamon and sugar beans were different, and the cajun beans were spicy.  I actually enjoyed each just as much as the other! Experiment, and be creative, that is the joy of cooking!


        Cajun Roasted Chickpeas      


Cinnamon and Sugar Roasted Chickpeas

Until next time...
-A 

No comments:

Post a Comment