Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dried Strawberries

I must admit, I am not as 'into' pinterest as most of my friends.  Maybe, I am just afraid that it will take up all of my time, just like facebook used to do in the past.   I sometimes use pinterest to look at pictures of food and try to create my own new recipes.  The other day, I found a recipe for dried strawberries.  This sounded very interesting to me! I love dried fruit, so I thought 'Hey, why don't I try to make my own.' Though they did not turn out just like the dried fruit that I usually buy in the store, they were sure delicious.  And, I know that they are not loaded with sugar.  I ate them today with my oatmeal, and then I topped them on my Arugula salad with chicken. And guess what... they were SUPER EASY!!

Ingredients:
1 container of fresh strawberries
a sprinkle of salt and pepper

(Yes... 2 ingredients, I told you it was easy!)



Directions:
 1. Slice the strawberries in half.  If they are large, slice them into thirds.
2.  Place the sliced strawberries on a baking sheet.  You can line them with parchment paper, I used my handy silpat pad.
3. Sprinkle the strawberry slices with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Place in a 210 degrees F oven for about 3 hours.  It will create a glaze around the strawberries, almost like candy.


Here are the strawberries atop an arugula salad with grilled chicken, goat cheese, pine nuts, and a balsamic vinaigrette.  Delicious and easy dinner!


Until next time...
-A 

No comments:

Post a Comment