Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Brownie Birthday Cupcakes

Today, we celebrated a birthday on our first grade team! Each year, we choose one another's birthday's and we are responsible for ordering them lunch and making/buying a dessert of their choice.  I was responsible for the first birthday! It was a very special birthday! The big 3-0! She told me that she wanted brownies.  Yet, last week I had overheard that she loved cupcakes.  So, I thought... why not make brownie cupcakes! Super chocolately, delicious, and easy to eat! They turned out to be great... and I hope that everyone thought that it was a huge success! The brownie cupcakes are homemade, however, I am guilty for using a can of frosting for the top.  I must admit that I am not the greatest baker, and I have definitely not mastered the art of making frosting.  Every time I have attempted to make frosting in the past, I have added too much sugar, or too much butter, etc. I decided to sit this one out and just buy the pre-made frosting.  I mean its so delicious, why would I want to out-do the can!

Ingredients:
4 ounces (8 tablespoons) milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips (not melted)

Directions:


1.  Add the butter and 4 ounces of chocolate chips to a glass bowl and place it over a pot with boiling water underneath. 


2.  Constantly stir the chocolate and butter until it is completely smooth and melted.


3.  Set the bowl aside and let it cool for a few minutes.


4.  After a few minutes, stir in the sugar and vanilla.


5.  Next, add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.


6.  Mix in the flour until well blended.


7.  Add the extra chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.


8.  Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.  I chose to use the mini-muffin pan, but you could use the larger one as well.


9.  Add the batter to the muffin liners. The batter can be filled almost to the top because the batter will not rise much when baking.


10.  Cook in a 325 degree F oven for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. If you are using a regular sized muffin tin, they will need to cook for 25-30 minutes.


11.  Let the cupcakes cook before frosting them.  When they are cooled, you can begin frosting the cupcakes.  


12.  After frosting them, I dusted the cupcakes with a little powered sugar.


As you can see, the batter made quite a few cupcakes! Plenty for everyone!!  Enjoy!

Until next time...
-A 

No comments:

Post a Comment