Monday, October 22, 2012

Epcot Food and Wine Festival

It has been a LONG week/weekend! We went to Sea World on Thursday with 100 plus first graders! It was such a wonderful field trip! From the moment the kids walked in the door at 7:30am, I knew it was going to be a great day! The looks on their faces was just magical! They loved every second of the day! It was so exciting to be there with them!  The next day, I had a teacher work day.  It was much needed, and we seriously should have one each month.  Friday night was the start of one of my best friend's bachelorette party! We first had dinner in downtown disney.  We stayed up late, and then slept in a little on Saturday morning to prepare for a long day at the Annual Food and Wine Festival! I have been for the past 3 years; not only was I looking forward to hanging with great friends, I was also looking forward to eating some good food, drinking some good drinks, and taking some pictures... yea, my plan was to take pictures of all of the food that I ate, but after taking a picture of the Escargot in France... it wasn't happening anymore! Although I only have 1 picture to share, I do have a few favorites that I have highlighted below!

We first started in France! If you go, I highly suggest that you start here! Here are some of the wonderful foods that I saw/tasted along my way around the world... Epcot Style.

Highlights:
*Escargot in a puff pastry with a garlic cream sauce (France)
*Belgium Waffle with Berry compote and whipped cream (Belgium)
*Perfect Maine Lobster Roll (Hops and Barley)... seriously the best ever.... most of the food is usually mediocre, however, this Maine Lobster roll is a winner!
*Trio of Artisan Cheese (Cheese Stand)
*4 German beers (Germany)
*Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Braai Sauce (South Africa)
*Happy Lychee with Vodka.... drink (China)
*Avocado Margarita (Mexico).... yes Avocado......a MUST!!
* Beef Empanada (Argentina)
* Lobster and Seafood Fisherman's Pie (Ireland)... if I could recreate this I would! ...hmm...
* Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce (Greece)

There are so many other wonderful wines, beers, drinks, and of course food.  If I ate everything, I probably would not have been able to walk out of there! Let's just say... I definitely went to the gym today after work!


Here is my lone picture of the Escargot from France! All of the other food went happily into my belly!


Until next time...
-A 

No comments:

Post a Comment