Roasted Orange Tomatoes
2 orange tomatoes
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon parmesan cheese per tomato slice
olive oil for drizzling
1. Cut the tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
2. Place the sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet. You can put tin foil underneath, I choose to use my ever- so- useful silpat pad.
3. Sprinkle the dried basil, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil on each tomato slice.
4. Add the parmesan cheese to the top of each slice.
5. Cook in a 400 degree F oven for about 30 minutes. To make the top extra crispy and golden brown, you can put them in the broiler for no longer than 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Until next time...