1 cup orzo pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 handfuls of fresh spinach
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the orzo to the directions on the back of the box. I poured water over the orzo and cooked for about 7 minutes.
2. In a pan, without any heat, pour in the olive oil and put in the garlic. To make sure that the garlic does not burn, you want to start the garlic without any heat and then raise the temperature. When both ingredients are in the pan, turn the heat on to medium-high.
3. After about 2 minutes of occasionally stirring, pour the lemon juice over the garlic and add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
4. Add the spinach and stir until the spinach is wilted.
This is what the spinach will look like when it is ready.
5. Add the cooked orzo to the spinach mixture and mix well.
Here is the finished product! Toasted pine nuts would also be a wonderful addition, we just did not have any on hand! Enjoy!
Until next time...