2 good sized red peppers (or whatever pepper you would like to use)
1 pound turkey meat
1/2 red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1 ear of fresh corn, or 1 cup of frozen corn
1 can black beans
1 fresh tomato, chopped
4 tablespoons fresh basil (you can use cilantro... but I am not a fan)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper to taste
your choice of shredded cheese to cover each pepper (I used the 4-cheese mexican combo.)
1/4 cup chicken stock
1. Dice the onion, jalapeno, and if you are using fresh corn, cut it off the cob.
2. Add the vegetables to a non-stick skillet pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. When the vegetables are half-way cooked, add the turkey meat, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt, and paprika.
4. When they mixture is almost finished cooking, add the black beans, tomato, and fresh basil. Stir well.
5. Slice the peppers in half and take out the seeds.
6. Place the peppers (with the outside down) in a glass dish. Fill the peppers with the turkey meat mixture.
7. Cover the stuffed peppers with cheese. Pour the chicken stock at the bottom of the glass pan.
8. Cover with tin-foil. Cook in a 400 degree F oven for 20 minutes. Take the tin-foil off of the peppers. Broil on high for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
I served the T's pepper with a little yellow rice and mine with a little extra corn! Enjoy!
Until next time...