Monday, October 15, 2012

Juicing down memory lane

One thing that I love to do on the weekends is go to the local farmer's market.  I love that place. I have mentioned it before. We have so many memories there.  It is the place that I first visited when I moved here.  It made me want to move to this area.  My first apartment was within walking distance to the farmer's market.  It is the place that I finally celebrated my marriage and we danced the night away at our reception.  It is the place where we made it a 'tradition' to visit it every (or most) Saturdays.  Planning our meals ahead with the fresh fruits and vegetables that we are able to purchase.  It is great.  And honestly, if I ever have to move from here, it is the one thing that I will miss the most.  It is a silly thing to hold so close, but I love it and it will always remind me of so many happy times in my life.  Every time we go, I feel super healthy.  Or...it makes me want to be super healthy.  It is the one thing that puts my eating habits into place.  It makes me want to create new, healthy, vegetable packed recipes.  It also makes me want to juice.  Another thing that I love is making fresh juice in my juicer.  Lucky for me, my parents decided that they did not need their juicer anymore, so they gave it to me.  It is another Saturday tradition for me.  I buy fresh fruits and veggies, and then I juice.  It makes me feel healthy... whether it is or not, that's for you to judge, but it makes me feel good! Here are a few new juice recipes that I came up with this weekend.  One is a usual recipe that I always seem to make, and one is a new concoction that is actually my new favorite.  When my husband asks me to make him a glass... I know that it is a winner.

Apple, Carrot, Ginger Juice
(the old favorite)
Ingredients:
1 apple
2 large carrots
1 tablespoon size of ginger


1. Put the ingredients into a juicer.  Enjoy!

Pineapple, Basil, Cucumber Juice
(the new favorite)
Ingredients:
2 cups pineapple (make sure it is peeled before putting it in your juicer)
1/2 cucumber
10 basil leaves




1. Put the ingredients into a juicer.  If you do not have a juicer, you could blend this one together in a blender.  You would probably want to peel the cucumber before blending.

Here are the final delicious juices:


And... here are all of the delicious fruits and vegetables that I bought for the week!
I only spent $23.  Finding a farmer's market is a great way to start saving money on the grocery bill!


(a whole pineapple, cherry tomatoes, 2 balls of fresh mozzarella, mushrooms, yellow pepper, green pepper, 4 apples, green beans, 4 sweet potatoes, 1 onion, 6 very large carrots, lots of basil, and 2 cucumbers)


Until next time...
-A 

No comments:

Post a Comment