Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Peach Crisp

My husband is home! Finally! And, just as he is home... so is his sweet tooth.  We were talking about what we were going to eat this week and the only thought that he had was... "Will you make a healthy dessert?" Hmm... a healthy dessert? I don't believe that really exists.  Even if you are eating a "healthy dessert" it probably still has sugar.  He suggested I make an apple crisp, but since I already made that last week, I decided to make a peach crisp.  I tried to not use a lot of sugar because peaches are naturally sweet anyways.  I hope that this dessert satisfies his sweet tooth and definition of 'a healthy dessert!'

Ingredients:
5 ripe peaches (you can choose...white, yellow, etc.)
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon  + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup instant oatmeal
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions:

1. Cut the peaches into slices. Add them to a mixing bowl.


2. Add the tablespoon of cinnamon and the white sugar.


3. Mix well.


4. In a separate bowl, mix the butter, teaspoon of cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, and oatmeal.


5. Mix well with your hands.


6. Add the oatmeal mixture to the top of the peaches. 

7. Cook in a 400 degree F oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Enjoy!

Until next time...
-A 

No comments:

Post a Comment