Thursday, October 4, 2012

Roasted Acorn Squash

Like I have said before... I love the fall.  Obviously, I am not loving fall for the weather, here in Florida, I love fall for all of the holidays and events that are going on.  I love tailgating for football games, I love preparing for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and I love all of the foods that go along with these events! I decided to make an acorn squash, because to me... squash screams FALL is here! It is also super easy.  You can pop it in the oven an hour before you are ready to eat, and like magic, you have a super simple side dish! Make this in just a few steps and very few ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 medium sized acorn squash
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:


1. Cut the acorn squash in half.  Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds.  
**Hint: Use a grapefruit spoon to scoop out the seeds, it makes it much easier.


2.  Coat each acorn squash with 1/2 tablespoon of butter.  Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to each squash, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste.


3. In a 400 degree F oven, place the acorn squash in the oven for about 1 hour, or until the insides are soft and the top is golden brown.


4. Use a fork to scoop out the insides, or serve half of the squash on each plate for a nice presentation.  The butter will melt to the middle and will be a good dipping sauce for the squash.


I served it with dill salmon and french cut beans. Yum!

Until next time...
-A 


No comments:

Post a Comment