Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ironing

There are many things that I take for granted in the United States.  The one that I am missing right now, besides my iphone, is my dryer! Who would think that one would miss their dryer! This girl right here! We have a washer, however, people do not believe in dryers here... or air conditioning for that matter.  (But that's okay because its 55 degrees at night and it feels good with the windows open).  The dryer, however, is difficult to live without. 

After our clothes are washed, I have to lay them like this:






It was so nice of them to provide us with these lovely racks! (haha)

The next step was to iron....First of all, I absolutely despise ironing.  T buys most non-iron clothes, so at home, I get out of this chore pretty easily! I am terrible at it, and really don't care to get better at it.  Occasionally, I have to iron clothes for work, but believe me, the pile is HIGH before I touch it.

Well, I was not getting out of ironing this summer! However, finding an iron was a difficult task alone.  I spent my first Monday searching through the streets of London.... for an iron.  Every place I went, the store helpers would tell me somewhere else to go, I would go to the next place, and they would send me elsewhere.  Searching for an iron was exhausting!

Good news! I FINALLY found an iron! Happy as can be, I brought it home, plugged it in... and guess what? I could not figure out how to get it to work! Now, imagine me... exhausted from searching for the iron ALL DAY, happy that I actually found an iron and then frustrated again because the iron was not turning on!

I literally plugged it in to every plug, tried every setting, and then magically, it turned on! I still am unsure as to how it happened, but I don't care! The iron worked and that's all that mattered!

I then spent a few hours ironing.... fun....

No comments:

Post a Comment